Modernization of the IT infrastructure of the Yuriy Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center
The Yuriy Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center is one of a handful of cosmonaut training centers. To ensure that it provides the best training, it's vital that data be stored in a reliable manner, high-performance hardware and software be used, and all IT services run without interruptions.
STEP LOGIC's objectives
- Create the main and back data processing centers featuring automatic testing of copies and multitier backup of virtual machines.
- Upgrade the IT infrastructure and the ETMDS system for the provision of limited access training materials.
- Build virtual workstations for cosmonauts using VDI technologies with isolated security perimeters.
- Full upgrade of the hardware of the data processing center.
- 100% virtualization of capacity and replication of virtual machines.
- Replacement of hardware, including hard drive arrays without interruption in the services.
- The VDI platform creates a 3D model of the cabin of a spacecraft and simulates all tactile sensations that a cosmonaut experiences when interacting with the equipment of a space station.