Large bank. “Twin” conference rooms
In this project, conference rooms were equipped with equipment to display video materials (presentations, reports, video clips) and hold videoconferences based on different scenarios.
The system has the following features:
- Holding negotiations of TOP managers, including demonstration of presentation materials on a wide screen;
- Holding videoconferences through the intra-bank network (ensuring information security);
- Holding videoconferences through the Internet (non-confidential negotiations).
The Customer specified the following requirements to the project:
- Ability to hold videoconferences in different network infrastructures:
- intra-bank videoconferences based on Cisco infrastructure (within the encrypted intranet),
- external cloud videoconferences based on Orange video presence services (in the Internet).
- Personal microphones reducing the capture of outside sounds.
- Automatic alignment of the video camera with the speaking delegate.
- Telephone conference communication.
- Specially developed interface for room management on a touch panel for user convenience.
- Equipment downtime recognition algorithm with subsequent automatic switching off.
According to these requirements, the following options were implemented in the conference rooms:
- Ability of demonstration of presentation materials on an 84-inch LCD screen from flash drives connected to USB connections in the access ports in the centre of the table.
- Ability of demonstration of presentation materials on an 84-inch LCD screen from laptops and pads connected using HDMI or VGA cables located in the access ports in the centre of the table.
- Amplification of the speaker’s voice through the ceiling acoustic systems.
- Holding non-confidential videoconference communication sessions in the Internet.
- Holding secure videoconference communication sessions in the isolated network segment of the bank.
- Secure switching of audio and video signals between the secure and non-secure video conference communication equipment to be used in the same conference room.
- Connection of the bank’s telephone communications to the conference room’s systems, including by arrangement of backup voice communication during Webex sessions.
- A hardware-software complex has been developed, providing the user with simple tools for management of the conference rooms, despite the large number of its components.
- Automatic management of the power supply to the equipment complex.
In order to equip the conference rooms, state-of-the-art equipment of well-known and reputable manufacturers was used:
- AMX managing and switching systems;
- Cisco videoconference communication systems;
- LG display tools;
- Sony professional video-cameras;
- Symetrix sound signal processing system;
- DIS microphone system.